Started in 2010, Cocos2d-x is an open source, cross-platform game engine. It is loaded with powerful features that allow developers to create spectacular games with ease.Using the most recent version of Cocos2D-x you can target Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.Cocos2d-x framework using C++ language for development.
What is Cocos2d-js ?
Main Features ( I take from Cocos2d-x websites)
- Support All modern browsers and native platforms
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc.
- Actions (behaviours):
- Trasformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween
- Assets manager (hot update)
- Basic menus and buttons
- Integrated with physics engines: Chipmunk and Box2d
- Particle system
- Skeleton Animations: Spine and Armature support
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts
- Support for .ttf fonts
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal
- Parallax scrolling
- Motion Streak
- Render To Texture
- Touch/Accelerometer on mobile devices
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on desktop
- Sound Engine support (CocosDenshion library) based on OpenAL or WebAudio on web
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward
- Fast and compressed textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures, ETC1 compressed textures, and more
- Resolution Independence
- Modularized engine for customization
- Open Source Commercial Friendly: Compatible with open and closed source projects
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (mobile) / OpenGL 2.1 (desktop) based
- Full WebGL support and auto canvas fallback
After this post. I will continue blogging about Cocos2d-js . You can add my blog to your bookmarks. :)